Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"I love you, but you're dead to me. Because you won't accept me, you see."

This thread is a pretty great smorgasboard of crazy. Personally, I got interested in this story from Windflier

My 28 year old son spent 7 years working with me and listening to conservative talk radio all day, every day in his late teens and early twenties. He got a very good education in politics and culture during that time, and voted R when he went to the polls.

But, after getting out from under my wing, and moving to a solid liberal environment, he went soft. Some time back, he confessed to me that he voted for Obama, and went so far as to vigorously defend that vote.

To say I'm disappointed in him is a gross understatement. It feels more like a great loss to me.
Marysecretary commiserates:

I know. My son went to church with me, to FGBMI meetings, to all kinds of Christian activities. Then he married into the Bahai faith and has turned his back on all of it. I was devastated but my love for him won’t back down and he knows how I feel about all of it. I just don’t talk about it any more but I sure do pray! He’s raising his children in the faith too. Sigh. Almost like death, isn’t it?

Note the equivalence between being Conservative to being Christian.

Marysecretary
also says, without irony:

It must be hard with the family, but you did the right thing. If they put party above family, they’re in bad shape.

followed by:
Being a conservative allows me the freedom to love my family, despite their liberal brainwashing. Sadly, their political philosophy does not allow the same sort of freedom for them.
"I love you, but you're dead to me. Because you won't accept me, you see."

The always crazy apocolyptian Quix will play us off.

CONGRATS AND MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU THERE.

MAY HE GIVE YOU WISDOM, PROVISION, UNDERSTANDING, PROTECTION, INTIMACY WITH HIM AND EACH OTHER; SAFETY; HEALTH; WHOLENESS; . . .

MAY YOUR RELATIVES FIND AND CHOOSE THE TRUTH or else fade away with minimum hassle to you.

BEING CHOSEN OF GOD TRUMPS EVERY RELATIVE COMBINED.

No comments:

Post a Comment