Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Children

Obama's going to address children across America on the first day of school. His speech is purportedly going to be about how education is important, your life is your own blah blah blah. You know, the crap grown-ups love to tell you right up through your graduation from Grad school at 30.

But, it's Obama. Where others see platitudes, Freepers see - well, they see nothing. They are blinded by hate:

Benjamin Harrison starts the thread out with some interesting assumptions.
I am a school teacher---school shall remain nameless---I am a little put off that I am going to have to drag my students to be propagandized to about good citizenship by this man. I feel bad...I should welcome the chance for students to hear their president---but all he does is campaign and distort---I'm sure it is just another way to suck our kids in...I wanted to warn all of you in those states listed on the email
RushIsMyTeddyBear assumes a conspiracy, and then laments it:

Thanks for the ‘heads up’. First the census, today, NOW THIS? I’m about to the point of where you need to check me with a fork to see if I’m ‘done’.

NOT THE CENSUS! (more on that tomorrow)

matginzac sees volumes in a speech to children:

This is “Dear Leader” speaking to the young masses, giving them guidance and assurance that he, THE ONE, knows what’s best for them and will take care of them...ALL HAIL OBAMA!

Time to secede......

pollywog has her priorities straight:

hmmmmmmm I will be checking in with OUR school. IF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN....my grandson will and daughter WILL be OUT OF SCHOOL on that day!

Cloverfarm

I’m afraid I’ll have to remind my kids to chill. If they get it started there might be a chorus of boo’s and catcalls and then we get to talk to Ms. Assistant Princiapl, a big-city transplant who doesn’t “get” the culture out here.

I guess the culture out there is blind hate of whomever their parents tell them to hate. There's a word for that...

Speaking of bigotry, nmh lets something slip:

Thank God it’s on the 8th.

Our school doesn’t open till the 9th.

It’s a private school ... but that doesn’t mean we are immune to this CRAP. I kept my daughter home when this “missing link” was sworn in. They made the kids watch this and it’s supposed to be a “Christian” school. One more year ... and we’re OUT OF THERE! It will be a good cut off point ... .

Not Christian enough for nmh, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment