Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What do you call en unemployed Freeper? Sorta liberal on this one issue.

Glen Beck says if you have been on unemployment for the past 99 should be embarrassed to call themselves Americans. Alluva sudden, Freepers get all reasonable:

Colonel Blimp:

McDonald’s isn’t looking to hire 55-year-olds with college degrees.

Honestly, I’m appalled at the number of Freepers who think that getting even an entry-level, low wage job is a breeze in this wretched economy. Entry-level means entry-level — they don’t want you if you’re too old or have too much education or experience.

Sparky1776:
I’m a 50 yr old master electrician, they just laugh when you apply for anything but a technical job - then they would rather have a youngster.

Since Obama took office I lost a job, got a job, laid off from that job, then another company came to me begging me to come work for them, then job #2 rehired me from the layoff before things were set w/ new company, the “begging company” then dangles big money in front of me, I snatch it - then they lay me off THREE WEEKS later, kinda. Nothing official just, can you make it on 8 hours wages a week? How about 2?

Of course I’m going to file for those missing hours - that the government has already collected from employers.

Beck doesn’t know what he is talking about in this DEPRESSION.

ynotjjr:
Yea, I heard Beck say that and I thought, what a jerk. Morally, I couldn’t do what he does, sell gold as an investment.
madison10:

Easy for him to say...HE has a job.

TruthHound:

I’m a Beck fan, but he and others with this attitude are being elitist.

No, I don’t want unlimited weeks of unemployment available. Any extension needs to be paid for by cutting somewhere else. And I recognize that there’s a significant number of people who are making the Gov’t dole a way of life.

But this “just get a job” attitude is patronizing in the highest order.

Whoa, the E-word, "elitist." It's on now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fear and loathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment