Friday, April 13, 2012

Child Labor builds character

Via commenter me:

In responding to a BBC story and photographs about child labor in the 1930s, Freepers atavism reaches impressively ignorant levels:

E. Pluribus Unum thinks kids who don't work will never work:
Now we teach kids that it's illegal for them to work until they are grown ups, then when they are grownups they still think it's illegal for them to work.
achilles2000 knows child labor is good, since it hurts unions:

Child labor laws weren’t for the benefit of the children or their families, they were enacted for the benefit of the unions.

Gator113 has no idea what "child labor" was in the 1930s:

I thank God that my parents taught me the value of work and instilled within me strong work ethics, that has been the cornerstone of my successes throughout my life.

I started working for money when I was about 11, lawn work, strawberry picking, newspaper routes on my used $26 bicycle and on and on.

My dad also taught me that “any job worth doing, was worth doing well” (I remember the day he first told me that, I was raking leaves), and that as long as I put 110% of myself into a job and did the job at least 10% better than the guy standing next to me, I would always win. For me, he was right.

I retired at the age of 53 because of those lessons/blessings.

Uncle Slayton never disappoints:

The work was needed to be done and we had a willing and free workforce, while today we don’t have large willing workforce and by no means with unions and regulations do we have a free workforce.

If we were to drop the current regulations on child labor and other issues, we could bring millions of these types of jobs back to the USA.

cripplecreek:

I thanked child labor laws the last time I saw a 300 lb 14 year old watching an illegal alien mow his family’s lawn.

Granted it isn’t a direct result but the mindset is.

Lonesome in Massachussets prefers a coal mine to Public School:

Oh the shame! The horror! Children engaged in productive activity, without the benefit of government employees to enforce indolence and stupor, to dispense mind numbing drugs and even more mind numbing official propaganda.

I’m sorry, I’d rather have worked in a coal mine at age seven than waste my time in the indolence of the modern American public school.

E. Pluribus Unum points out how racist minimum wage laws are:

Minimum wage, too.

The minimum wage was invented to do one thing; protect white unionized construction workers from competition from black, non-unionized construction workers, who were paid less (blacks were banned from union membership during the 1930s).

The year the minimum wage law went into effect was the last year the unemployment rate of blacks was lower than that for whites.

hosepipe mixes up "brave truth-teller" with "crazy person."
NOW; we abort the little bastards.. extremely high percentage among BLACKS...
ALL of those aborted kids would love to work for peanuts..

What!.. what... did I say something WRONG?..
Nevermind then....

1 comment:

  1. Lol,
    Amazing...Next up Slavery builds character too.. No wonder Conservatism is getting kicked in the shins.

    ReplyDelete