Friday, April 20, 2012

Freeper funding woes

An anonymous commenter left a treasure trove! There's another one coming after this !

Possibly related to the current Romney brouhaha going on, Free Republic is not making it's donation goals. Plus, I guess they need new servers.

Jim Robinson, in what I consider a stroke of genius, announced his consideration of running ads or a membership model via gloating from Free Republic's much smaller and less powerful left-wing nemisis - Democratic Underground. Instant victimhood!

CatherineofAragon knows what to focus on:

Those filthy, soul-rotted, immoral, lice-infested, God-hating leftwingers must feel so threatened by FR that they have a 24 hour watch on the place.

'lice-infested' doesn't seem to be like the others...

Jim Robinson discusses the possibility that banning Romney supporters might be a problem:
Its an open question whether zotting pro-Romney threads has hurt you. I don't know.

Depends on your definition of “hurt.” Eternity in hell sounds pretty painful. The possible loss of my amassed fortune (LOL) is nothing.

Jim Robinson knows who to blame - Karl Marx!!

We can do lots of things, but I’m pretty confident that we’ll make it through this Marxist induced downturn in the economy eventually and all boats will rise with the tide including ours. We’re going to continue plunging ahead, tighten our belts, raise the funds, beg, borrow or steal (metaphorically speaking), install some new equipment, make improvements when and where we can and continue fighting the good fight, unencumbered and unbeholden to anyone but our like-minded loyal participants and supporters.

In other words, damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!!

mylife thinks outside the box:

I suggested years ago, a type of FReeper Ebay forum.
A Jim’s List, if you will.

A place to post personal sales and FR could take a % like Ebay

Absolutely Nobama gets out his pom-poms:

Whatever you decide to do is cool with me. I, like you, do not like change. FR has been my homepage ever since I joined. I am NOT currently in the market for a new one.

NO COMPROMISE! NO RETREAT! ABOVE ALL, NO SURRENDER! I AM A CONSERVATIVE! CASE CLOSED!

Drango:

I’m fairly sure NAMBLA sponsors DU. Can’t say for sure ‘cause there is no way I’m going to check it out.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe if Gym Robbin' had not zotted hundreds of Cain, and Romney supporters and spanked the kook Birfer lunatic squad, FR would easily make thon targets. The only people left are

    1) Losers, who have zero brains and have a very puerile and simplistic outlook. It is the "Tax cuts" bwaaaak bwaaaak crowd
    2) The kook lunatic brigade
    3) Anti-Romney trolls, who kiss Gym Robbin's behind
    4) Religious fundies

    Best of luck idiots, it used to be a place where conservatives like myself could indulge in mature resonable debate. Now, is the online version of Art Bell Halfway House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, Free Republic has always been a bit Vince-Foster-y.

    It is miles of crazy beyond it's Clinton era self these days, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitler finds out he's been banned from FR
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2874543/posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. "all boats will rise with the tide including ours." - Rim Job
    I dunno... doesn't that sound kinda... COMMUNISTY??? Why "all boats"? I thought only the bootstrappy deserved to profit. All boats? Even muslin boats? Gay boats? Hand over your party card, comrade. You've been found out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost like RimJob is throwing his fleecing of his cult members in their face. I'm trying to figure out how more money for Jimmy, via advertising or the tried and true transference of wealth from his site members will raise all their boats together. Seems every quarter the Freepers are $90,000 less wealthy.

      I'll give him credit though, he found an easy way to pull in $300,000+ a year. Wish I'd thought of it.

      Delete
  5. ...Do you read your own forum? There's a civil war out there between the 'vote Romney to sink Obama' and 'never compromise on a RINO!'

    ReplyDelete