Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Spotlight: CodeToad



Usually for these, I try to find a Freeper who stands out from the pack somehow. Some sort of quirk, or a single issue guy, or more conspiratorial, or more racist, or more creepy, or more crazy.

At first I didn't think this guy was special after he caught my eye as one of the few folks raging at Miss America's Bollywood performance. I mean, he hates Obama, and Clinton, and blacks and Muslims. He is extra worried about the debt, so he loves goooold...Former military, loves guns and planes. From his name I'd guess computers, but who knows - his profile just has the debt on it. So, a Freeper.

But, if there's a weird meme that a lot of Freepers love, this guy fervently subscribes to it, and will jump all over anyone who thinks maybe he's being a bit over the top on this.

He loves being a zealot everyone agrees with.


Government officials should be in fear of their lives
Government officials should be in fear of their lives at all times. Right now the government thinks We the People should be in fear of our lives at all times especially when confronted by a cop.
Blacks started slavery in America:
As a white man I know white men didn’t start slavery in the US, a black man did. Anthony Johnson, a black man, went to court to enslave John Casor, a black man.
Good economic news is all fake.
the number WILL be revised upward next week. I believe the number has been revised upward for every single week of Zero’s administration.
Goooold!
If you knew anything about 1980 you’d know it was manipulation. The price of silver and gold today are market driven.
Blacks be lazy and on welfare.
Considering the black population is well fed, has housing, ghetto beats, and drugs, hell, what more do they want? Math, science? Why? I mean, why be the sucker paying for everything if yo gots wat u be needin anyhows?
Birtherism - the secret bullet to turning back time to 2008!
Investiate Barry’s birth certificate so we can legally know that he is NOT a US citizen and we can throw out ALL of his signatures. Send armed federal agents to Hawaii to get the documents they claim they have but will not release and prove they do not have them.
White Americans? All producers:
The Takers are not Americans. They are Africans and Mexicans.
Liberals hate technology:
Most liberals are Luddites. They fear machinery or any technological advancements. It is too much for their little heads to understand.
Internet badass:
Motorcycle riders are easy targets. They would all be severely injured or dead within weeks...one by one. If the law won’t find justice, I most certainly would. We created the law to protect us, but that doesn’t mean we gave up our rights to do so for ourselves when the law decides not to.
Politics = war
Democrats, union member Democrats, voting to Tax & Spend the rest of us.
Women = irrational:
unlike women, men’s minds are not clouded by emotional judgements using empathy. That pretty much states real life.
Meter readers = Nazis:
I have a problem with a companies whose job it is to spy on and control someone’s electricity usage, just like I have the same level of hatred for Nazi death camp guards just doing their jobs. Same level of tyranny as they both lead to control and the ultimate death of those controlled.
The current Freep line on Bush:
Bush loves this country, which separates him from Clinton and Obama, but Bush made some terrible decisions, like TARP, PATRIOT Act, DHS, etc.

6 comments:

  1. Most liberals are Luddites. They fear machinery or any technological advancements. It is too much for their little heads to understand.

    That explains why Romney won the election with his awesome vote-tracking software that worked perfectly and was in no way inferior to Obama's. It also explains why Silicon Valley is in Mississippi.

    unlike women, men’s minds are not clouded by emotional judgements using empathy. That pretty much states real life.

    This always cracks me up. No one on earth is less able to assess information unemotionally than FReepers. And if anything, the men seem to be even worse in that regard than the women.

    They're not clouded by empathy, though. I'll give 'em that. Just rage, bigotry and sexual insecurity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also explains why Silicon Valley is in Mississippi.

      Hahah...That line made my morning!!
      Great response.

      Delete
    2. Re: sexual insecurity.

      Gonna make a wild guess you are way younger than most Freepers and also a lot younger than me. Makes you a lot luckier.

      No biggie. Someone has to be young. But think of the world most of them grew up in. Sex was never mentioned. The idea that a woman could actually enjoy sex in it's own right, for pleasure, was never mentioned. I grew up on the fringes of that age group and missed the worst of it, but those ideas still affect my outlook 50 years later.

      You - to be blunt - were raised in a saner time. I'll admit - I think the pendulum went too far the other way, making sex consequence free (talking the 70's here) but the attitude towards sex now is far more rational and healthy than it was when I were growing up!

      Some of the posters definitely show sexual insecurity and I really am not surprised. They seem to be about as appealing as cold porridge. Most of them though show the guilt we were taught as a matter of course. Different time. Not exactly their fault.

      Sorry for rambling on - just one of my button issues.

      Delete
  2. Gonna make a wild guess you are way younger than most Freepers and also a lot younger than me. Makes you a lot luckier.

    I'm 48, for whatever that's worth. And there was nothing particularly pejorative about my remark re: sexual insecurity. It's simply a fact, just as their bigotry is a fact (and also something that may have been thrust upon them by their upbringing). That said, it's also true that many people -- perhaps even the majority -- who were raised in precisely the same climate changed or moderated their way of thinking over time. Because, unlike FReepers, they weren't total fucking assholes who literally revel in hating people.

    As a sidenote, the idea that sex was "consequence-free" in the seventies is laughable to me. In the first place, sex is never going to be consequence-free, which is why progressives support sex ed, birth control, abortion rights and gender equality. Second, I saw with my own eyes, many times, just how bad the consequences of sex in the seventies could be, particularly for women and gays. Although something as powerful as sex can always lead people to make dangerous decisions, the range of bad outcomes depends to a large extent on how common "slut-shaming," rape apologetics and similar behaviors are in a given society. I'd argue that the seventies were actually quite a bit worse than 2013 in that regard. But I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're male, and may not have noticed that at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the risk of derailing - Yep - male. Slut shame in front of me and you will need to see the dentist - that sort of crap I don't stand. (Not saying you personally would, so please don't take it that way.)

      I have been lucky in life - and it was total damned luck, not some amazing skill shit, and wound up owning my own business. I hire women, out of preference. Not cause they are cheap - I pay the going rate - but because they can do the damned job. My forewoman is - reasonably obviously - a woman. She goes sick, it's like cutting off both my arms and I pay her - and the other people who work for me - as much as possible. Not as much as they deserve - the economy sucks right now and all of them took a voluntary pay freeze to keep the business going. Good folks, we work hard and party harder. I got no problem with tightening my belt, but they all insisted. Means all of us needed to take our belts in one notch - and I am damned grateful to them! At the risk of sounding slightly soppy, I love them all and would do anything for them. They would do the same.

      You missed out on the free love thing by about 8 years by my estimate. - it was both a fun and an odd time.
      I mean - as you imply, it was totally playing with fire.Sex is - without doubt - the most potent force we know of. Yet, there was a time when sex certainly seemed to be consequence free. STD's were on the run, accidental pregnancies were a minor annoyance and it was basically get while the getting was good.

      Yeah - I look back now and see exactly how stupid the whole thing was, it was a reaction to the 50's culture which is epitomized by FR. But at the time - it was normal. Could explain how I wound up with a kid at 19 :)

      Just a personal look at it.

      Delete
  3. ...lest the foregoing sound too harsh, I do think it's important to remember that even the worst of the FReepers profiled here may change, someday. My grandmother ended up having a number of gay friends toward the end of her life, and also jettisoned a number of the racist attitudes she was raised with. And my wife's grandfather, who was a fire-breathing Deep South racist for most of his life, repudiated racism completely in his 70s, and even apologized to his children for exposing them to it. Granted, neither of them ever made a vocation of hatred, unlike the average FReeper. But even the worst people can change seemingly overnight and I wouldn't want to give the impression that I see FReepers as irredeemable.

    ReplyDelete